Cast-Iron Tomato Basil Pizza Topped with Fresh Arugula Salad
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 (makes 2 pizzas)
- 1 (16-ounce) package prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Tomato Basil Sauce
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced and divided
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped and divided
Tomato Basil Arugula Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 12 skillet and set skillet aside.
- Place dough on lightly floured counter, divide in half. Press and roll half of the dough into an 11 round. Transfer dough to prepared skillet, gently pushing it to corners of pan. Spread 1/2 cup Victoria ® Tomato Basil Sauce over surface of dough, leaving some room on the edge. Top with half (6 ounces) of mozzarella and half (1/4 cup) of the basil.
- Set skillet over medium-high heat and cook until outside edge of dough is set and the pizza is slightly puffed, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until edge of pizza is golden brown and cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, in a medium-size bowl, toss the tomatoes, arugula, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove skillet from oven, remove pizza from skillet and place the pizza onto a cutting board, and top with the salad. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.