Italian Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup Green Giant frozen peas
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut peppers in half and remove ribs and seeds. Arrange peppers in a baking dish, cut side up. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add onion, carrots, and broccoli. Sauté until tender, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and Green Giant frozen peas. Toss until peas are cooked, approximately 2 minutes. Add Victoria® Marinara Sauce and the cooked quinoa to skillet and stir until heated through. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place 1/2 cup of the mixture into each of the halved bell peppers. Top with shredded and grated cheeses.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until peppers have softened and cheese has browned. Enjoy!