Steamed Mussels Marinara
- Yield: 4 to 8
- 4 lb fresh mussels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 40 oz White Linen™ Marinara Sauce
- 3 – 4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large 4-6 quart stockpot with a tight-fitting lid. Add shallots and cook until softened.
- Pour in wine, turn heat to high and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add mussels and tightly cover. Cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes or until mussels open.
- Transfer the mussels to shallow serving bowls.
- Add 2 1/2 cups sauce to the cooking liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, spoon sauce over mussels and garnish with fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with a good bread to soak up the delicious juices. The remaining sauce can be heated and served on the side.
Serves four as a main course or eight as an appetizer. May substitute Premium Marinara Sauce.