Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Ups with Victoria Pasta Sauce
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Victoria Marinara Sauce
- 1 (1-pound) box lasagna noodles
- 1 (9-ounce) package Green Giant Simply Steam No Sauce Chopped Spinach
- 1 (10-ounce) package Green Giant Simply Steam Plain Select Broccoli Florets
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley or basil leaves, torn (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In one 9×13-inch baking dish or two 12.75 x 7.75 baking dishes, spread 1 cup of Victoria Marinara Sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish. If using two baking dishes, use approximately ½ cup of sauce per baking dish. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook according to package directions. Once pasta is cooked, drain and let cool slightly.
- While pasta is cooking, cook spinach and broccoli according to package directions.
- Allow spinach to cool and then place spinach in a clean dish towel or several paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture into the sink. Set aside.
- Once broccoli is cool, finely chop broccoli and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper and drained spinach.
- To assemble the lasagna roll-ups, lay a cooked lasagna noodle on a flat surface. Using a spoon or small spatula, spread approximately 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture evenly across the lasagna noodle. Top the ricotta mixture with approximately 1-2 tablespoons chopped broccoli, using your fingers to gently press the broccoli into the ricotta mixture.
- Starting at one end of the lasagna noodle, gently roll up the noodle, tucking the broccoli in as you go.
- Place the lasagna roll up, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish and repeat until all the lasagna noodles are filled.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly over the tops of the lasagna roll ups. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the marinara topped roll-ups.
- Bake the lasagna roll ups in a preheated 350° F oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and lasagna is heated through to a temperature of 165° F.
- Serve immediately topped with additional parmesan cheese or chopped fresh basil and parsley.
Recipe by Kitchen Concoctions
If you like more “saucy” lasagna, then I recommend getting 2 jars of the Victoria Marinara Sauce and spreading more on the bottom of each pan.