Chicken Penne Alla Vodka with Victoria Pasta Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 24 oz jar of Victoria Pasta Vodka Sauce
- 1 and ½ lbs chicken breast, diced into pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- Red pepper flakes, Fresh parmesan cheese and fresh herbs to garnish (if desired)
- Finely dice ½ of a medium onion. Mince 2 cloves garlic. Dice chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Get the pasta water boiling in a small pot. Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt to the water! Once that is boiling, add in the pasta and cook following the box’s instructions for al dente pasta.
- To a large deep saucepan, add 1 tsp of olive oil. Once hot, add in the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add chicken along with a large pinch of salt to season the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway until cooked through.
- By now, the pasta should be about done. Once it’s fully cooked, drain it and set it aside.
- Once chicken is done, add in the full jar of pasta sauce to the pan and combine with the chicken. Let the sauce heat up.
- Once the sauce is warmed, add the pasta directly into the skillet and stir in to combine – making sure that each noodle is coated by the sauce!
- Load it up into bowls and serve! Eat while hot.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and fresh herbs if desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Recipe by Our Balanced Bowl