Creamy Tomato Soup with Grilled-Cheese Croutons
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 4
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for topping
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slice of crusty bread
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Turn the slices over and top with cheddar and one slice of provolone cheese. Place the remaining slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and place sandwiches in skillet. Cover skillet and cook until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let cool for 1 minute and cut into 1 cubes.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine Victoria® Tomato Basil Sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in milk and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth and cheese has melted. Allow to cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve soup hot with grilled-cheese croutons in each bowl.