Roasted Butternut Squash Penne Vodka
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6
- 1 (12-ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 large or 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into cubes
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Vodka Sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated (plus extra for garnish)
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place butternut squash and sliced onion on a large baking sheet. Coat squash with coarse salt and olive oil. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Once the squash and onions are roasted, place them in a large bowl and roughly blend them with an immersion blender.
- Toss the blended squash and onion with crushed red pepper and Victoria® Vodka Sauce in a large skillet. Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup Parmesan cheese to the mixture and toss until pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve hot, topped with additional cheese and garnished with basil.
Use Green Giant® Riced Veggies Butternut Squash cooked according to packaging and cooled to skip the prep work dicing butternut squash.