Seafood Pasta in a Victoria Tomato Basil Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 24oz. Victoria Pasta Sauce Tomato Basil
- ½ lb. Calamari
- ½ lb. Large Shrimp (De-veined)
- 12 oz. Fettuccini Pasta (or any type)
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Basil Leaves
- Prepare your seafood by peeling and deveining the shrimp. Slice the calamari bodies into ½ inch rings. Set aside.
- Slice the garlic cloves into thin slices.
- In a large pan, heat up two tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for about three minutes, until lightly browned. Add the red pepper flakes (more if you prefer it spicier), and cook for 1 more minute before adding the entire jar of Tomato Basil Victoria Pasta Sauce. Mix and let simmer for 10 minutes
- In a separate large pot, cook your pasta in salted water according to package directions. I used fettuccini and cooked for about seven minutes. Set aside ½ cup of pasta water.
- Once the sauce has simmered for about 10 minutes, add the shrimp, calamari, and the pasta water and let cook until just cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- As soon as the seafood is cooked, add the cooked pasta directly from the pot and mix everything well to combine. Taste for salt.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped basil on top and serve.
Recipe by Simply Lebanese