Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Chickpeas and Sausage
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz roasted red peppers
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onion, garlic and roasted peppers and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and chickpeas and simmer over moderate heat about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the hummus and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.