Artichoke Hummus With Toasted Pita Points
Yield: 4 to 6
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts
- 14 oz chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 pita bread rounds
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Drain and quickly rinse brine from marinated artichoke hearts and chickpeas.
- Combine artichokes, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in medium-sized bowl and blend with a stick blender.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, you can add a little more olive oil or water.
- Serve with pita bread, toasted just before serving and cut into triangular pieces. Garnish with fresh parsley.